stampin up catalogue

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampingwithanja/

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Silhouette card for Craft a Scene!


Here is my second card for the challenge over at Craft a Scene. This month the theme is silhouettes. For my card, I combined the moon with a silhouette,see, all the things I have learned, lol! I started with punching out a circle for the moon, put it on a piece of white cardstock with removable tape and got out my Tim Holtz's distress inks. Here is a list of the colours I used:

antique linen, old paper, pumice stone, brushed corderoy, frayed burlap, vintage photo and walnut stain

Then, I sprayed it with water, wiped it with paper towel and added some more walnut stain, sprayed and wiped again , added some more antique linen.

I stamped the image, Penny Black wintersky, with black Versafine, I then sprayed it all with an acrylic sealer. The black background is a die from Spellbinders, Lace Doily motifs, sentiment from Just Rite. Some scored lines to finish it off.

Come and play with us, there is a prize to win! Thanks for looking, Anja

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oho, wat mooi. Met weinig kleur heel veel sfeer. Alhoewel, weinig kleur: als ik lees wat je allemaal moet doen voordat het zover is...
Mooi, hoor! Groetjes, Ingrid

Quilting with Jannette said...

That's a gorgeous silhouette - the bird in the reeds looks like a red-winged blackbird. It's so life-like!

joyce said...

Agree with Jannette...gorgeous silhouette! Love the background die too!

Karen Aicken said...

I have this stamp too, and never thought to add a moon to the scene. Lovely card!
Cheers, Karen